The video games musical concert that started it all is celebrating E3 in a BIG way. During the week of E3 2014, Video Games Live will be in Los Angeles with a brand new show featuring tons of special guests and over 100 musicians from around the world. This is a show you do NOT want to miss. But don’t just take my word for it. The Video Games Live team has given us a sneak peek at what awesome entertainment we can expect at the show on June 11, 2014.
Check it out below:
- World premiere of music from Blizzard Entertainment’s highly anticipated upcoming World of Warcraft expansion, Warlords of Draenor, conducted by Audio Director and Composer Russell Brower.
- Tetris game creator Alexey Pajitnov along with Tetris executives Henk Rogers and Maya Rogers set to debut a new segment in celebration of the Tetris 30th Anniversary.
- YouTube sensation Malukah performing her song “Dragonborn Comes” from Skyrim (over 40 million+ views).
- The Interactive Musical World Premiere of Disney Interactive and Harmonix’s yet to be released breakthrough musical motion video game, Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved featuring DJ sensation Cole Plante and award-winning game composer Inon Zur.
- World premiere of League of Legends with composer Christian Linke. Including a special arrangement featuring world famous film score pianist/composer/conductor/orchestrator Randy Kerber (Star Wars, Titanic, X-Men, Forrest Gump, Amazing Spider-Man, Batman, Resident Evil 5, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Frank Sinatra) and flautist Amy Tatum (Call of Duty, The Sims, Yo-Yo Ma, Quincy Jones, Stevie Wonder)
- Music from the Halo trilogy featuring composers Marty O’Donnell & Mike Salvatori.
- Award-Winning Composer Garry Schyman conducting a World Premiere of his music from BioShock: Infinite and the original BioShock featuring internet superstar violinist Taylor Davis (Violin Tay).
- YouTube vocal sensation Peter Hollens performing the World Premiere of his incredible Portal 2 arrangement (featuring Mystery Guitar Man).
- World Premiere of the “Aria Di Mezzo Carattere (Opera Theme)” from Final Fantasy VI arranged and performed by Jillian Aversa (God of War, Halo, Civilization, Soul Calibur) and Andrew Aversa (Street Fighter IV: Remix).
- Grammy Award Winning composer Christopher Tin conducting the first and only Grammy Award Winning video game song “Baba Yetu” from Civilization IV featuring Peter Hollens.
- Video Game band Critical Hit to perform their World Premiere of Mega Man and Hearthstone™: Heroes of Warcraft™. Critical Hit includes violinist Taylor Davis, Warcraft/Blizzard composer Jason Hayes, Grammy winning guitarist Laurence Juber (Paul McCartney, The Spy Who Loved Me, Dirty Dancing, The Muppet Movie, Pocahontas), cellist Ginger Murphy (Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson, Snoop Dog, Josh Groban, Red Hot Chilli Pepper), woodwind great Pedro Eustache (Paul McCartney, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Passion of the Christ, Yanni), award-winning pianist Salome Scheidegger, percussionist extraordinaire Joel Taylor (Guitar Hero, Rock Band, David Foster, Yanni) and world renowned bassist Carlitos Del Puerto (Bruce Springsteen, Sting, John Williams, Stevie Wonder, Quincy Jones)
- Austin Wintory conducting his Grammy Nominated music from Journey and the World Premiere of Banner Saga featuring Malukah & Peter Hollens on vocals and Taylor Davis on violin.
- Monkey Island featuring original LucasArts composer Peter McConnell!
- Blizzard/Zelda concert special guest Eimear Noone to conduct Kingdom Hearts.
- World Premiere of the critically acclaimed indie game Cave Story. Music written by Cave Story game designer Daisuke Amaya.
- Also performing Shadow of the Colossus, Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy VIII, Castlevania AND MANY MORE!!
- Over 25 game composers from around the world taking place in the post-show meet & greet!
- During the show, the world’s leading record label dedicated to releasing video game soundtracks, Sumthing.com is giving away a year of free music downloads to three lucky fans! Sumthing’s catalog (over 250 albums!) features some of the most popular soundtracks of all time such as HALO, Castlevania, Deus Ex, Fable, Hitman, Journey, Mass Effect, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider, Uncharted and many more!
If that HUGE wall of text hasn’t convinced you to go, you should just listen to me and go anyway. The E3 2014 show sounds massive and I know I won’t miss it (say “hi” if you see me!). As some of you may recall, I was recently able to check out the show for the first time in Miami and I was blown away. With the show promising to be even bigger and better at E3, I’m excited, and you should be too.
Here are all the details you need to know to attend:
Video Games Live: Bonus Round
- Wed, Jun 11, 2014 – 8:00PM (doors open at 7 PM)
Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE
777 Chick Hearn Court
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Make sure to get your tickets now! http://www.axs.com/events/249875/video-games-live-tickets?skin=nokiatheatre