GameStop announced today a new store concept that will begin opening throughout the U.S. in about 80 different locations – GameStop Kids.
GameStop Kids stores, as the name implies, targets the younger gaming demographic and will feature a variety of video games and accessories such as the following as listed in GameStop’s press release:
- Skylanders: GameStop exclusive Golden Dragonfire Cannon Battlepack, additional characters, throws, backpacks, carriers and displays
- Angry Birds: Angry Birds plush with sound effects, splat balls, mash’ems launcher pack, backpack clips, mugs and coming soon: Angry Birds Star Wars plush
- LEGO: Lord of the Rings, Stars Wars and Harry Potter build sets along with Marvel character build sets
- Star Wars: Two-foot plush talking Chewbacca, key chains, phone cases, banks and more
- Minecraft: Minecreeper head, LEGO Minecraft Microworld and foam pick axe
The first GameStop Kids to open will be at Grapevine Mills Mall in Grapevine, Texas, today. Other locations will roll out their openings in the coming days and weeks.
Sound off in the comments below: What do you think about this new shop initiative?